Big day out in the wind today as we rode into Flanders to tackle the Kwaremont and the Koppenberg from the Tour de Flanders and then heading back into France to tackle a few Pave sections from the Paris Roubaix including the 5 star Carrefour de l’Arbre that is near our base for the Northern Cobbled Classics
Things I have learnt today
- Tailwinds on the way out means a headwind on the way home.
- Cobbles never get any easier especially into a headwind.
- Wet cobbles are worse than dry cobbles.
- Cobbled climbs are tougher.
- 32mm tyres are nice but it really does not make that much difference.
- The pros make it look easy (as always).
- Belgium sandwiches are huge and great value.
- French road surface is better than Belgium road surface