We are pleased to confirm our 2016 Route des Grandes Alpes will commence on the 17th September 2016. The 10 day tour is limited to just 8 people in total.
- 17/09/2016 – Arrive – Geneva airport where we will pick you up. Please arrange to be at the airport at about 4PM. Overnight stay in Thonon-les-Bains where you can set up your bikes for the 10 day tour
- 18/09/2016 – Day 1 – Thonon-les-Bains to Grand Bornand via the Col de Gets (900m) and the Col de la Colombière (1613m).
- 19/09/2016 – Day 2 – Grand Bornand to Bourg-Saint-Maurice via the Col des Aravis (1486m) ,Col des Saisies (1432m), Cormet de Roseland (1968m)
- 20/09/2016 – Day 3 – Bourg-Saint-Maurice to Lanslebourg via the Col d′Iseran
- 21/09/2016 – Day 4 – Lanslebourg to Briançon via the Col du Télégraphe (1566m), Col du Galibier (2646m)
- 22/09/2016 – Day 5 Briançon rest day. Explore Briançon or ride the Col de Montgenèvre self supported.
- 23/09/2016 – Day 6 – Briançon to Barcelonnette via the Col d′Izoard (2360m), Col de Vars (2019m)
- 24/09/2016 – Day 7 – Barcelonnette to Valberg via the Col de la Cayolle (2326m) and Valberg (1673m)
- 25/09/2016 – Day 8 – Valberg to Saint-Martin-Vésubie via the Col de la Couillole (1678m), Col St Martin (1500m)
- 26/09/2016 – Day 9 – Saint-Martin-Vésubie to Menton via the Col de Turini (1604m) and Col de Castillon (800m)
- 27/09/2016 – Depart – Menton. After breakfast we will drop you off at Menton Station where you can catch a train to Nice Airport or your onward journey. A private direct transfer to Nice Airport can be arranged for an additional fee.
What is included
- Airport or station pickups at times described above.
- Breakfast every day. Set dinner menu every night apart from rest day. You will need to eat out at your own expense on any rest days.
- Vehicle support through out the tour except on the day off
What is not included
- Travel to Geneva and from Menton
- Meals outside of breakfast and dinner
- All drinks and snacks
- Bike repairs and maintenance
- Cycle Hire – please see cycle hire for PROMPT.CC availability
- Lights are required for tunnels
- Bars and gels will be made available to purchase from the minibus